How has The Wrong Trousers influenced your short film

How has The Wrong Trousers influenced your short film?

The Wrong Trousers has elements of film form, narrative, which has influenced my short film; also the genre at times has influenced my film.

Firstly, the cinematography within this film has influenced mine as ranges of mid-shots are used to show the mise en scene to promote realism at times. I also did this in my film so the audience could establish the genre by the use of props, which have an iconography of every day items. This establishes a drama as it closely links to everyday life. Additionally, my film has also been influenced by the dialogue used in The Wrong Trousers, for instants the main characters in the wrong trousers do not have any speech, I took this idea as well as I wanted the drama to unfold in visual codes rather than the audio codes.

Secondly, my film has been influenced by the enigma codes used in this film, this is because my film also takes the idea of having plot twist. In The Wrong Trousers a enigma takes place by revealing the secrete identity of the character of the penguin, my film uses this idea by building up tension and revealing the character emotions later on which had a huge impact of mood and tension in my film. Furthermore, I took inspiration from The Wrong Trousers and decided to withhold information on what character was who which lead to a plot twist at the end. Just like the wrong trousers, this is an effective way to intrigue the audience, as they have to play close attention. I did this by using a range of long shots and close ups or shots that didn’t particularly show the characters face to create confusion amongst the viewers.


The Wrong Trousers, takes on a range of genres however the elements of drama within this short film influenced mine. For example, the idea of Gromit not getting any birthday presents expressed in an on going shot reverse shot. This sense of realism is also shown in my film when a long shot is used walking down the road and ect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Analysis of Trainspotting opening,overdose and ending scene.

buster keaton

Analysis of coin toss scenes in no country for old men.